Saturday, January 29, 2011

Will I ever learn again?

Okay, I'm starting to go stir-crazy here.

I haven't been out of house, but once, since Friday night. I tried to go to school on Tuesday (we were off Monday), but the substitute bus driver went straight past me and I had no other way.
Wednesday, school was closed because of snow that didn't hit till the afternoon.
Today school was closed because of the same snow storm.
Tomorrow school's closed because of the storm and all the power outages in the area.

I'll never learn again!!!

But really, I'm going start going bonkers if I don't get out of this house soon...

Time for me to talk about the epic snow storm.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time for to start finishing posts before the power goes out....

I was able to get out of the house, for a little while at least. Yesterday, I made my mom take me to IHop so I could get out of the house.
When I came home, the power was out again. It sucked donkey balls.

But I shall now actually talk about the epic snow storm....

Wake up on Wednesday, and the sky really isn't doing much. There's a little bit of slushy ice stuff, but nothing else. I turn on my tv, and it tells me that schools are closed in my county. While I was a bit peeved, it was nice to just go right back to sleep.
I wake up, around noonish, let's say. I'm iming with Kytti, who's getting mountains of snow up in Frostburg. I'm jealous of this and ask her to send it down my way. She said no, unless I give her proper sacrifice. A little after this, it starts hailing. The hail then turns to sleet which turns to big fluffy snow. It was actually really pretty at first. And I was thankful that I had to bring in some wood (we have a very nice fireplace) before the wood got all snow-covered.
As pretty as the snow was, it was also very dangerous. It took my cousin 5 1/2 hours to get home because of how bad the roads were. This was in part because of the snow, but also because of everyone trying to get home at once. Around 8pm, the power goes out.
It. Sucked. A lot.
It's always fun at first, but in to the next day it's just so boring.

Obviously, there's no school on Thursday, and the power is still out at my place. So I read my book and crochet some and play in my DSi (hellz yea, Bejewled Twist). But, thank the Gods, the power came back on around 7 that evening!

But then when I get back from lunch with my mom on Friday, the power's back out. Luckily, it wasn't out for too long. Around nine or ten, my cousin came home. She walked in to the kitchen, lit a candle she had just bought and said 'Fuck a bunch of Pepco! (our electricity people)' BAM! Lights come on. She looks up and said 'Fuck you kindly?'.
We then proceeded to make stew and watch Kung-Fu Panda. It was pretty awesome.

This morning, the power went out, but only for about two hours.

And that ends my tale of the snow storm. But not this blog post!

I've realized the past couple days that I'm not good at being alone and I've seemed to gone into some sort of relapse with the breakup with Arthur...

Just lately, it feels like everything is reminding me of him and it's depressing. Now I'm not going to go too in to it because I'm feeling pretty good right now.
I will say that I may edit my aim list some in the next couple days and I teared up a smidge bit earlier today.

But after going outside and spending time in the sunshine (well, actually, it was really cloudy... it was supposed to snow again. But you know what I mean!) while breaking up branches (Some HUGE limbs fell in our yard. The top of one tree actually got caught in the phone lines attached to our house and we had to it ourselves...). It felt really nice and almost immediately made me feel better.

The interview with the Art Institute of Seattle went pretty well. I was a little disappointed because he never actually asked for my art, but what can ya do?

Oh! Something awesome!
I'm going to see (as soon as my cousin puts the money in my account so I can by the ticket) Halestorm with my friend Josh in March! But the best part of it? It'll be completely unsupervised!
Mwahahahahaa!
Because it's in Baltimore, my mom's driving me up there in the afternoon and I'll be crashing at his place (the show's on a Saturday) and get picked up the next day. I honestly didn't think my mom or aunt were going to go for it, but they seemed just fine with the idea.
I'm certainly not complaining.

Another awesome thing? I've recently realized that I love Viking Metal. I found this song on YouTube and then went and downloaded the CD (Listening to Viking Metal while falling asleep is a very, very weird experience). Finding more of their stuff on YouTube led me to find this song, and I went and downloaded all of their music.
So if you know of any Viking Metal you'd think I'd enjoy, just lemme know.

The last thing I'll be talking about tonight is something that I've decided that I'll start doing. That something?
Lists.
I'm going to start writing a list every night of things I'm going to accomplish for the next day. I'm also going to try to post the lists on here, to give you people something to read because none of you have given me anything you want me to talk about (I'm still open to ideas!).

Here's hoping I didn't forget anything I wanted to talk about. Night all!
(Oh! Here are my P365 pictures.)

 January 26, 2011
 January 27, 2011
 January 28, 2011
January 29, 2011

1 comment:

  1. You're sure that I can't kill this other Arthur? It'll be a highlander-esque awesome fight, I promise!

    As far as the Art Institute, don't feel too down about it - just means that you've got more time for awesome photos and some more time to work on a nice DA profile and stuff.

    ReplyDelete